Quill

Filed under Archives

Annual State of G

When I was little, I enviously watched my two older siblings going to Glendale. I watched them dress up for football games, get ready for dances and head off to club meetings. I could not wait until the day that I got to walk the halls of Glendale myself.
Thankfully, my high school experience, particularly my senior year, met all of the expectations that I held. I can truly say that my overall experience at Glendale was positive, and that I wouldn’t have wanted to go to any other school.
This year was one of the greatest years of my life. My senior class became closer than I ever would have expected, and I have made some of the best friends that I could imagine. I am so grateful that people from every single group and clique have stepped out of their comfort zones and gotten to know each other.
This year, I made so many memories and was so proud of all of my friends who put together all of the Glendale events. Things that used to bore me, like assemblies and dances, became things that I actually looked forward to. Everything was very thoughtfully planned out and I think very successful.
Speaking as editor-in-chief of the Quill, I would like to take this opportunity to thank the administration for their support of our publication. In the past, there has been issues with the Quill staff and administration, but this year they have been nothing but encouraging, and even helpful, with suggestions for how we can improve. I hope that this positive relationship will continue in the Quill’s future.
Glendale is full of so many great teachers who devote their lives to helping students. There are so many teachers who positively influenced me, and made me a better student. I highly recommend taking courses outside of your comfort zone, whether that be an honors class or just a class you wouldn’t expect to like, because you never know what could happen. I always hated history until sophomore year, when I took World History Honors with Mrs. Bodenstein, and she was the first teacher who ever made history interesting to me. I have happily taken a class with her every year since, and learned a lot along the way.
I truly believe that high school is just what you make it. If you don’t get involved in life at Glendale, then of course you will have a negative high school experience. There really is something that everyone could get involved in, and if we don’t have it here at Glendale, then you could start it! Branch out and try different things. Go to games, go to the dances, actually pay attention at the assemblies, join a club. High school is so much more fun if you actually let yourself have fun.
Overall, I am very grateful for my time at Glendale and I am so proud to be a Falcon. I have met a lot of great people in my four years here, whether they were teachers or students, and I have learned a lot along the way. I am looking forward to moving on from high school and starting college, but I will never forget my time here.

Glendale High School Quill Springfield, Missouri
Annual State of G