Glendale High School Quill Springfield, Missouri

Quill

Let’s Roll

Anna Fredrick, Reporter

Haruno is one of the most upscale Asian restaurants in Springfield, known for its fantastic selection of sushi. I ordered the “Pink Panther Roll” which is made up of shrimp tempura, avocado, crab, masago and tamago. This roll was wonderful. My favorite part about it was that it was wrapped in a pink soy paper, because the color was intriguing. The roll is slightly more expensive but the quality and flavors are worth it. It cost around seven dollars for five pieces. The service was exceptional and very fast. Although their sushi is some of the best, they also offer many other wonderful options. Because the restaurant is known for great food it is usually pretty busy, however the wait was no more than 15 to 20 minutes.

Yoshi Jen is a fairly new restaurant in Springfield, opening in September of 2014. One of the key things that makes Yoshi Jen stand out is its unique and fresh flavors, especially when it comes to sushi. I ordered the “Yoshi Jen Roll” which is eight pieces for about $8. The house roll contains shrimp tempura, crab, cream cheese and is wrapped in seaweed and then flash fried. The mixture of the shrimp and crab creates a unique flavor that is a perfect balance of spicy and sweet. On top of all that, it is fried which makes it that much better. Along with sushi, Yoshi Jen has a lot of other fantastic dishes that will suit everyones taste buds.

Kazoku is another popular restaurant in Springfield. I ordered the “Kazoku Roll” for $10.50 and received eight rolls, which is about average. The roll is made up of crab, cream cheese, shrimp tempura and is wrapped in soybean paper. My favorite part about this roll is the sauce that they drizzle on top. It is sweet and just creates a burst of flavor in your mouth after every bite. The service is very quick and efficient. It took around 30 minutes for my whole meal from start to finish. Kazoku is a great place to go for a quick bite to eat, or a more formal dinner. It is one of my favorite restaurants in Springfield.

Let’s Roll