Glendale High School Quill Springfield, Missouri

Quill

Trending Now: Summer Edition

Emma Schneider, Reporter

#SpaceX

After more than two years of landing its rockets after launch, SpaceX has finally sent one of its used Falcon 9s back into space. The rocket launched from Cape Canaveral, Florida on March 30, sending into orbit a communications satellite and landing it on a drone ship in the Atlantic Ocean. The rocket had already launched and landed during a mission in April of last year. The Falcon 9’s relaunch marks the first time an orbital rocket has been sent to space for a second time. This mission was a critical milestone for the SpaceX program, which has been working to make rockets partially usable since 2011.

#BigLittleLies

HBO has released a new-hit drama called Big Little Lies. The show, based on the novel by Liane Moriarty, revolves around the lives of wealthy suburban families and their place on the social ladder in a tiny community in Monterey, California. But, no matter how luxurious the lifestyle, it’s what life is like behind closed doors that keeps everyone in their proper place. As an anonymous school bully looms among them, characters are faced with a whirlwind of greed, power and the dynamics of domestic abuse. The murder mystery is perfectly paired with the beachfront scene, and the question still remains: why did things get so out of hand? Catch the seven-episode mini-series on HBO or the HBO app.

#Wildfires

In early March, wildfires across four states—Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas—claimed seven lives, killed thousands of cattle herds and burned through hundreds of acres of farmland. The Department of Agriculture set aside $6 million in aid for ranchers and farmers affected by the destruction. The money will be devoted to helping victims rebuild their fences and lost livestock, as well as restore the large areas of land devastated. The fires have been reported to be the largest in history to ever afflict the panhandle.

Trending Now: Summer Edition